Any set of facts (including opinions and references) that can be used to directly or indirectly determine an individual’s identity is referred to as this.
We take the protection of your personal information extremely seriously. Your information is only shared with third-parties with whom we cooperate to provide our services. These are some of them:
1. Medicine delivery using courier services.
3. Any agents or subcontractors we hire for data analysis, marketing support, business intelligence, and other services.
4. Your doctor, if you wish us to inform them.
5. Financial institutions should take steps to reduce the risk of credit fraud and unauthorised transactions.
6. If the law requires it, we will cooperate with law enforcement and regulatory organizations.
7. If we sell our company or enter into a merger, reorganization, joint venture, or financing agreement.
Please keep in mind that we do not transfer patient information. All patient information is kept private and only our pharmacists, doctors, and pharmacy assistants have access to it. Unless the authorities mandate it, we do not disclose this information with third parties.
In the event of a data breach, we take precautionary precautions. To protect your information, the organization uses firewalls and distributed denial-of-service attack (DDoS) security. As a result, we may ask you to provide confirmation of identity or complete a captcha at times for your own safety. However, the internet is a risky place to store data, and we cannot guarantee that your information will never be compromised as a result of a hacking, phishing, or session hijacking effort, among other things.
We keep your information for as long as it makes sense from a legal and business standpoint. This will apply to disagreements, policy enforcement, and agreement implementation. Our retention period will also align to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan’s health regulatory organizations. Furthermore, your information is maintained electronically but may be transferred to a paper copy if necessary for our operations.
We recognize that by using our services and sharing your contact information, medical history, and health issues with us, you are putting your trust in us. We want to keep that faith alive. If you have concerns about how we handle your data, you have the following rights as a customer:
1. You have the right to obtain an electronic copy of the data we have on you at any time.
2. You have the right to request that we remove your data, correct any factual inaccuracies, or change it.
3. If you believe we don’t have legal reasons for collecting and transferring your data, you can limit how we use it.
4. You have the right to request that we transfer your data to any third party. We shall offer a copy of this information in both human-readable and machine-readable formats.
5. You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Please be aware that if you do so, our services to you may be impacted in the future.
Please be aware that our policy is updated on a regular basis to reflect changes in local laws, corporate restructuring, and other digital and marketing tactics. This may be communicated to you by email or notices on our website. However, to keep up with such changes, we recommend that you revisit this page on a regular basis.