Noxafil 100mg TAB | 40mg Syrup | Online in Pakistan | Best Price
Uses Of Noxafil 100mg / 40mg Syrup
Noxafil 100mg is a powerful antifungal medication used to treat a variety of fungal infections. It belongs to the azole class of drugs and works by stopping the growth of fungus. Some common uses of Noxafil 100mg include:
- Invasive Aspergillosis: It is used to treat infections caused by the Aspergillus fungus, especially in patients with weakened immune systems.
- Candidemia and Invasive Candidiasis: Noxafil is effective against certain Candida species responsible for bloodstream and deep tissue infections.
- Esophageal Candidiasis: It can be used to treat fungal infections in the esophagus, commonly seen in immunocompromised individuals.
- Prophylaxis of Fungal Infections: Noxafil may be prescribed as a preventive measure for patients at high risk of developing fungal infections.
Side Effects Noxafil 100mg:
While Noxafil 100 mg is an effective medication, it may cause some side effects in some individuals. Not everyone will experience these side effects, and they are usually mild and temporary. Common side effects include:
- Nausea and Vomiting: Some people may experience mild stomach discomfort, leading to nausea and vomiting.
- Headache: Occasional headaches have been reported during Noxafil treatment.
- Diarrhea: It may cause loose stools or diarrhea in some patients.
- Abdominal Pain: Mild abdominal discomfort or cramps may occur in some cases.
- Rash or Itching: Skin reactions like rashes or itching may rarely occur.
If you experience any severe or persistent side effects, contact your healthcare provider immediately.
Q1: How should I take Noxafil 100mg?
A: Noxafil 100mg is available in tablet form. Take it as directed by your doctor, usually with a full meal to improve absorption. Do not crush or chew the tablet; swallow it whole with water.
Q2: Can I drink alcohol while using Noxafil 100mg?
A: It is advisable to avoid alcohol during Noxafil treatment, as it may increase the risk of certain side effects and reduce the drug’s effectiveness.
Q3: Is Noxafil safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
A: Noxafil should only be used during pregnancy if clearly needed. Consult your doctor before using this medication while pregnant or breastfeeding.